THE 1800's...SAW MILLS AND GERMAN IMMIGRANTS
In the late 1800's, the area of Summit County south of Hayne Road was the home of several grist and saw mills on the Tuscarawas River and populated by people of German descent. As a result the area became known as Millheim or "home of the mill," as translated into English, thus the name Millheim Baptist Church.
In 1939 a small group of believers bought a lot on Hayne Road and built a large basement they used as a Sunday School.
1947 - 1974...BUILDING CONTINUES
In 1947, the members built a four-room frame structure attached to the rear of the basement. In 1953 the front of the building was enlarged to include an enclosed entrance hall, a pastor's study, restrooms and steeple. An educational wing was then added to house more Sunday School classes which was completed in 1960. March of 1968 saw a new sanctuary which doubled the size of the existing church building. A new 70 feet by 113 foot gymnasium complete with a full-size basketball court, bleachers, scoreboard and bus garage were added in 1974. On the land behind the church a regulation size softball field was built along with a large covered shelter used for church picnics and other outdoor events.
1975 - PRESENT...BEING GOOD STEWARDS
As our church continues to evolve, we continue to make the necessary changes to our church building and property whether it be resurfacing our parking lot, adding an Information Desk, painting the church, purchasing new carpet and tile, remodeling our old chapel to make a multi-purpose room, adding a brand new Senior Pastor's office along with upgrades to our Nursery and our bathrooms. There's always so much to do! In 2019, we started a major renovation to our Worship Center and we also added a brand new digital sign in April of 2020 for the front of our church. The best part is, all of these buildings, renovations and upgrades have been paid for by our church people and we praise the Lord for all He has blessed us with.